"Find the Flower that Blossoms"

"Find the Flower that Blossoms"
The Must read for 2011!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What do you think people?!

I'm about to start speaking around about this book. I have a few gigs booked already and more are on the way. My plan is to talk about the issues I believe the book brings up such as the fact there is no such thing as a post race society. Race is probably the very first thing people notice when they see someone so it's crazy for people to always suggest "I never see race." If you couldn't see it, you wouldn't be able to say that.

Instead, I'll be talking about the ways attitudes about race manifest themselves in present day society. It's a real subtle thing nowadays. If you aren't trained, you won't see it, but like the fox on the prowl, just because it's smooth doesn't mean it ain't deadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment