"Find the Flower that Blossoms"

"Find the Flower that Blossoms"
The Must read for 2011!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Truth Hurts

So now that people are reading and finishing the book, some of the feedback I'm getting in these parts is about how intense the book is. People are saying they just can't believe the type of racism described in the book actually happens. Ok, I understand that. People don't know. That doesn't bother me, but what does irritate the you know what out of me is how arrogant some people are about racism. I don't claim to be the world's top expert on the subject, but I have studied and experienced it for my entire life. I have worked to eradicate it. I have earned a qualified perspective on the topic so what irritates me is when I express that qualified opinion and people who have absolutely no credentials immediately disagree with whatever I'm saying because it doesn't fit their Disneyland image of how they want to see this nation. My question for these people is if you haven't experienced it....If you haven't studied it....Where the hell does your information come from? Please don't say from people of color that you know because if they're giving someone as ignorant as you an opinion you can rest assured that its because they don't know anymore about the topic than you do. Stop doing that. You look and sound stupid. It would be the same as me arguing with a woman about pregnancy. Get a book, no...Get a number of books...Better yet, get a number of books, then do a number of seminars, get some degrees, than do work around the issue for a number of years.....Then you can come back and talk to me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment