"Find the Flower that Blossoms"

"Find the Flower that Blossoms"
The Must read for 2011!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Interracial Relationships in 2011..Is it still a big deal??

Well of course it is and if you question that all you have to do is live somewhere like Central Oregon like I do and be in one of those relationships. In the 2000 Census, Deschutes County where I live had the lowest percentage of African (Black) people of any county it's size in the U.S. What that means is every time my blond, blue eyed wife and I go out, we get stares. Most of the stares are out of curiousity, maybe one or two are antagonistic, but whatever the motivation, everyone stares, but that happens in San Francisco and L.A. too. I would love to hear other people's experiences around this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment